School dinners are freshly prepared, daily, on-site in our kitchen.
Full time children can opt for either a packed lunch from home or a hot school meal. Some children may be eligible for a free school meal. The packed lunch boxes are kept on a racks in the practical areas.
We ask that parents follow our Whole School Food Policy.
The school belongs to the national scheme that provides a piece of fruit or vegetable for Reception and Key Stage 1 children. Key Stage 2 children are encouraged to bring in their own healthy snack. The children eat these during mid-morning snack time.
Free milk is provided for all children up to the age of five. Milk is also provided free to children who are in receipt of free school meals. Other children can still have milk but will need to pay for it. The cost is kept low thanks to a subsidy provided by the EU. Cool Milk operate on a prepayment basis, and you can choose to pay for the half term, the full term or the full academic year. You can register your child online or you can collect a registration form from the school.
If you would like your child to have milk (free or paid) you will need to register your child with Cool Milk. If you haven’t registered you will need to create a parent account; just visit www.coolmilk.com/register. You will then need to add your child(ren) to the account. If you already have a Cool Milk account, log in to your account at https://customers.coolmilk.com/manage/parent.php and you can add additional children.
Free School Meals
The criteria for eligibility is where parents/guardians are in receipt of one or more of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Job Seekers’ Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the Guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided you are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit, and have an annual gross income, of no more than £16,190 as assessed by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs1
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
No other benefits qualify for free school meals from Key Stage 2 and or pupil premium for Key Stage 1.
Applying for free school meals
Please contact the school or follow the instructions detailed on the Suffolk County Council website.