At Stratford St Mary Primary, we believe through high-quality planning, teaching and assessing, the Music curriculum will provide a range of opportunities which will:
- Inspire our pupils to develop a love of music and their talent as musicians, increasing their self-confidence and creativity.
- Inspire our pupils to perform, listen to, review and evaluate music from across history, genres, styles and traditions.
- Inspire our pupils to learn to sing and use their voices expressively by singing songs and speaking chants, aiming to improve their aural memory.
- Allow opportunities for creating and composing their own music both on their own and with others, as well as having the opportunity to learn an instrument and use technology appropriately to enhance this.
- Allow our pupils to understand and explore how music is created, produced and communicated, focusing on the inter-related dimensions: pitch, duration, tempo, timbre, texture, structure and appropriate musical notation.
- Ensure that our pupils have an understanding of the history of music, and the influence that music has had throughout time.
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.
Music in the News
On Tuesday 19th July, the Owls and Swans performed 'Oliver!' for family and friends. Whilst it was an incredibly hot day, the air conditioning units certainly kept us cool. The children performed, sang and acted with confidence and said they really enjoyed it! Thank...
On Tuesday 21st June, it was World Music Day and we were very excited to welcome the Sweeting Swing Band into school. They entertained us with a variety of songs and Karen explained the different instruments that made up the band. It was a fantastic experience -...
On Friday 6th May, 19 children from the Owls and Swans class joined approximately 8000 other children for the Young Voices concert at the O2 in London. It was fantastic to hear all the children singing together and everyone had an amazing time. Our seats were amazing...
On Wednesday 30th September, Owls and Swans took the coach to London to visit the Maritime Museum at Greenwich (the children were fascinated by Nelson's bloodstained uniform!) and then onto see the new Andrew Lloyd Webber - Cinderella. Everyone had a great time and...
Throughout the half term, the Swans class have been working with our music teacher to learn how to play the drums. The children learnt different rhythms, beats and pieces of music. The children then performed a 5 minute dynamic piece of music. Unfortunately, due to...