At Stratford St Mary Primary, we believe through high-quality planning, teaching and assessing, the Music curriculum will provide a range of opportunities which will:
- Inspire our pupils to develop a love of music and their talent as musicians, increasing their self-confidence and creativity.
- Inspire our pupils to perform, listen to, review and evaluate music from across history, genres, styles and traditions.
- Inspire our pupils to learn to sing and use their voices expressively by singing songs and speaking chants, aiming to improve their aural memory.
- Allow opportunities for creating and composing their own music both on their own and with others, as well as having the opportunity to learn an instrument and use technology appropriately to enhance this.
- Allow our pupils to understand and explore how music is created, produced and communicated, focusing on the inter-related dimensions: pitch, duration, tempo, timbre, texture, structure and appropriate musical notation.
- Ensure that our pupils have an understanding of the history of music, and the influence that music has had throughout time.
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.
Music in the News
Throughout the half term, the Swans class have been working with our music teacher to learn how to play the drums. The children learnt different rhythms, beats and pieces of music. The children then performed a 5 minute dynamic piece of music. Unfortunately, due to...